The last time I was with my cousins they were three years younger respectively, now they are obviously older with new hobbies and interests. The oldest of the three sisters is Hannah, who has recently discovered the joyful delights in baking – sadly, I was unable to sample Hannah’s much spoken of marble cake, (she is going to bake me one before I leave).
Hannah and I decided we would bake an Oreo cheesecake together, so my younger cousin Rebecca drew up a shopping list for our parents while we narrated it, it went something like this:
Ingredients for Oreo cheesecake
- 36 Oreo cookies (or more)
- 1/3 cup of Melted butter
- 2 cups of Plain cream cheese
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup sour cream or mmadila
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs
We prepared the cheesecake as follows:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius (356 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Crush 26 cookies to form fine crumbs add melted butter and mix in well, then press into a 9-inch springform pan or oven dish. Coarsely crush your 10 remaining cookies into chunks (remember you can use more if you want to)
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl with a hand mixer until thick creamy texture is observed, add the sour cream or mmadila, condensed milk and vanilla and mix well. Add one egg at a time on a low speed until all eggs are incorporated and then chuck the Oreo chunks into the mixture and spoon into crust.
- Bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour until centre is just about set.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours for it to set firmly then eat.
This is a pretty rudimentary recipe so there is not much room for flopping, just remember to beat the ingredients together well.
Have a blessed one.